Friday, December 7, 2012

Yelm, Washington

Wow, where to begin. So much has happened since we moved to Washington. So far so good. Jared is getting settled into Fort Lewis, and I am getting settled into my new job at Print NW. I work in Tacoma at Print NW as the Receptionist and Accounting Assistant. I love it!! The accounting part is taking some time for me to learn, but I have some great co-workers who are really patient with me. Some days are really overwhelming, but I am just grateful to have a job. The weeks have been flying! I can't believe we have already been here for two months. Yelm already feels like our home. Our house is beautiful, and we love everything about it. (I will post pictures soon) It does get kinda lonely when Jared goes on night jumps for work though.

One of my favorite parts about Yelm is the ward. I feel very grateful that we are part of such a great ward family. The first five minutes of Jared and I walking in, the Bishop's wife and the Relief Society President were right there to greet us before we even got a chance to sit down. I was so worried that we wouldn't fit in. I know that people say the ward is whatever you make it, but I feel like that is not entirely true. I was not a fan of our last ward in Colorado. I honestly tried to fit in and make friends, and go to church every Sunday. Going to church just felt like a trial, and it felt like I had to, instead of get the opportunity to. I was hoping and praying that I would have a good experience in this ward. I know the church is true wherever we go, but it is sometimes hard for me to go to church alone. I feel like a need a good support system to keep me on the right track. I know that things happen for a reason. After talking to my Bishop, he said that the ward was fasting for new families to move into the ward. Our ward is extremely small, and they had way more callings than people to fill them. The Bishop told me that we were an answer to their prayers. Everyone is so sweet, and I always feel welcome there. They respect Jared's wishes of not going, but still want him to feel welcome and accepted. Our neighbors Ben and Amy Montoya are also members. They are amazing!!! Ben is an Officer in the military, but such a down-to-earth guy. Amy stays at home with the kids, and is the Primary President. She loves to watch Friends...we were meant to be neighbors and best friends forever. They both are great examples of the gospel. With a great ward family, and great neighbors, I feel very blessed in Yelm.

Speaking of church things. I got a new calling! I am so excited for this new adventure. I just got called as the Laurel Adviser!! I am so excited to serve! Nervous? YES! The Presidency is great too. There are maybe only 6 girls though. I am getting set apart this Sunday after Sacrament Meeting. My first lesson in Young Women's is on the 16th. I better get preparing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment