About three months ago, I was asked to help Adre Cosper with putting together a "modesty fashion show" for the Young Women of NINE stakes. With me being an adviser in Young Women's, I knew about this big conference coming up, but I didn't know the extent of anything. The Stake kept advertising how amazing it was going to be! I posted the picture of the invitation. As you can see, it WAS going to be a big deal. Sister Elaine Dalton was going to be the special guest for the weekend! How cool is that? That doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of how amazing this two day conference was.
The Lacey Stake Young Women's Presidency was told by the Lord that Adre needed to be the one to do the fashion show. She was the Coordinator and I was asked to be the Co-Coordinator. We spend two months before meeting weekly of how everything was going to run. Neither of us knew exactly what to expect, but Adre was very in tune with the spirit. We had a local artist (who was a member) create the backdrop. We decided on the Salt Lake City Temple. Remember, we are representing how the Lord wants us to dress, so the temple was the only way to go. We started collecting greenery from members in the stake. We even used a bunch from my house! The big colorful flowers were used at Mormon prom a few months earlier, and they were still in great condition to use on our stage! As you can see, there was lime green toole along the run way sides. It looks sooo cute! We had a few "tech" guys help us with the lighting. The lighting was dimmed down, and then we had spot lights on the girls as they were walking down the run way. I am getting chills right now just thinking about how all the props turned out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCkR14BnBik






No comments:
Post a Comment